The Bird General Knowledge Quiz for kids is a simple quiz from Animals & Nature series. Play and test your knowledge about some well-known birds, their lives and learn some amazing facts about them in the way.
1. The scientific name is Cuculidae, famous for its koo, koo sound. Guess who it is?
2. The Scientific name is Strigiformes and the bird makes sound namely "Hoot, hoot"? Guess who it is?
3. Which living bird lays the world's largest egg?
4. What is the study of bird eggs called?
5. Which bird's eye are larger than its brain?
6. Name the bird that enters a saltwater crocodiles mouth to pick out the parasites and food particles ?
D. Nile plover
7. Name the bird that migrates from the North Pole to the South Pole and back...?
A. Arctic tern
8. Birds maintain a body temperature in the range of...?
A. 40 to 44'C
B. 104 C to 111'C
C. 20 C to 22 'c
D. 0 C to 4'C
9. Birds replace their feathers periodically in a process called...?
10. Contour, or body, feathers provide birds with..?
D. All of the above
11. Feathers are made up of an insoluble protein called...?