50 Important Physics Practice GK Questions Set 2
1. The sound associated with the shock waves created whenever an object travelling through the air travels faster than the speed of sound is known as
A. Sonic Boom
B. Ultrasonic Sound
C. Sound Blast
2. Sound waves with larger amplitudes are
D. Out of hearing range
3. The pitch of a sound depends on its
4. A reflection of sound that arrives at the listener with a delay after the direct sound is called
B. Sonic Boom
5. The use of sound waves and echoes to determine where objects are in space is known as
6. Which of the following animals use echolocation to locate their prey or obstacles in their path?
7. The branch of science that deals with the study of sound is called
8. The minimum distance between the sound source and the reflector for hearing an echo is
9. Which of the following mediums sound waves cannot travel through?
10. Which of the following features of sound waves do not change when sound waves travel through air?
11. A device that converts sound energy into electrical energy is?
12. An increase (or decrease) in the frequency of sound, light, or other waves as the source and observer move towards (or away from) each other is known as
A. Compton Effect
B. Casimir Effect
C. Accordion Effect
D. Dopler Effect
13. How much long does a sound actually persist in our human brains?
A. 1/16th of a second
B. 1/100th of a second
C. 1/10th of a second
D. 5 Seconds
14. Which of the following acoustic devices is used to hear the human heart beat?
15. Sounds with frequency lower than 20 Hz are called
A. Supersonic Sound
B. Infrasonic Sound
C. Ultra Sonic Sound
D. Megasonic Sound
16. The particle that is the basic unit of light is called
17. Who established the wave nature of light?
A. Issac Newton
B. Louis De Broglie
C. Christian Huygens
D. Thomas Young
18. Who verified and established the fact the light is an electromagnetic wave?
A. James Clerk Maxwell
B. Thomas Young
C. Albert Einstein
D. Issac Newton
19. The Photo electric effect was first discovered by?
A. Louis De Broglie
B. Albert Einstein
C. Heinrich Rudolf Hertz
D. Thomas Young
20. Who explained the photoelectric effect in terms of quantum mechanics, the idea that light exists as tiny packets, or particles, called photons?
A. Albert Einstein
B. Thomas Young
C. Erwin Schrodinger
D. James Maxwell
21. How much time does it take for light to reach the Earth from the Sun?
A. 10 minutes
B. 60 minutes
C. 1 Minute
D. 8 minutes and 20 seconds
22. A phenomenon of light, radio waves, getting deflected through the interface between one medium and another of varying densities is known as?
23. How many visible colors are there in a sunlight?
24. The complete reflection of a light ray in the same medium when reaching an interface when the angle of incidence exceeds the critical angle is known as
A. Total Internal Reflection
25. The angle of incidence above which total internal reflection occurs is called as?
A. Critical Angle
B. Reflection Angle
C. Angle of Deviation
D. Emergent Angle
26. Which natural phenomena is the reason for the sky to appear blue?
A. Interference of light
B. Scattering of light
C. Reflection of light
D. Refraction of light
27. How will the sky look to an astronaut or someone above the atmosphere?
28. The phenomena that makes stars twinkle is?
A. Atmospheric Refraction
B. Total Internal Reflection
29. In which of the following mediums light travels the fastest?
30. Which of the following types of lenses is our eye lens?
A. Convex lens with variable power
B. Concave lens with variable power
C. Cylindrical Lens
D. Lens with zero power
31. Which part of the eye converts light impulses into neural signals for the brain?
A. Eye lens
32. Which of the following devices is used to see enlarged images of small things?
33. Which of the following component of the human eye regulates the amount of light entering within?
34. Which of the following is the unit of optical power of lens or mirrors?
35. The property of a mirror to invert images sideways in a way that left appears to be right and vice versa is known as?
A. Lateral Inversion
B. Direction Inversion
C. Plain Reflection
36. What is the length of the focus of a plain mirror?
B. 10 km
C. 200 km
37. Which of the following things can separate light into its component colors?
A. Glass Slab
38. A lens has a focal length of 25cm what will be its power?
A. +3 Dioptre
B. +4 Dioptre
C. -2 Dioptre
D. +10 Dioptre
39. Which are the primary colors in photography?
A. Cyan Magenta Yellow Black
B. Black Blue Yellow
C. Red Green Blue
D. Green Red Purple
40. Which color of light in the visible spectrum has the highest wavelength?
41. A lens generally used in magnifying glasses is
A. Convex Lens
B. Concave Lens
C. Plain glass
D. Fiber Glass
42. The optical fiber is based on the phenomenon of?
C. Total Internal Reflection
43. What happens to the speed of light when it passes through a medium of relatively higher refractive index?
A. Speed Increases
B. Speed Decreases
C. Remains Same
D. First increases then decreases
44. Which of the following objects has the highest refractive index?
45. Which of the following devices is used to observe distant celestial objects?
46. Which of the following colors of visible light is scattered the most?
47. An eye defect in which a person is able to see distant objects clearly but not near by object is called
48. A defect of vision in which a person can see nearby objects clearly and but not farther object is called
49. Which of the following lenses can be used to correct myopia?
A. Concave lens
B. Plain glass lens
C. Convex lens
D. Bifocal lens
50. Which of the following lenses can be used to correct hypermetropia?
A. Convex Lens
B. Bifocal lens
C. Plain glass lens
D. Concave Lens